Sefton Council are working in Partnership with Sustrans to develop, with local people, the first ever Liveable Neighbourhood in the Liverpool City Region. Liveable Neighbourhoods are healthier, happier, cleaner places to live, learn, work and play. They create opportunities to walk, cycle and spend time chatting with your neighbours and help people stay safe and socially distant.
The aims of the Southport Liveable Neighbourhood are;
- Provide opportunities for better social connections, thriving local economies and more sustainable living
- Create high-quality public spaces that prioritise people over cars
- Create low traffic areas and remove rat running
- Enable people to take more journeys on foot, bike or other active transport modes, so reducing their carbon footprint
- Give people a fair say in the design of their streets and foster more active, equitable and empowered communities
For more information go to the Southport Liveable Neighbourhood Hub