School Summer Holidays 2021 - Temporary Contact Centre Opening Hour Changes
Throughout the school summer holiday period during July and August 2021, the Contact Centre will temporarily operate with adjusted opening times.
These will be reviewed weekly as we manage staffing levels that are being impacted by Covid-19.
Our current opening hours are as follows for the Contact Centre phoneline 0345 140 0845 and for responding to social media and online queries:
Monday to Thursday – 9am to 5.30pm
Fridays – 9am to 5pm
Virtual Contact Centre
Our incredibly hard-working colleagues in the Contact Centre have now moved to a Virtual Contact Centre model, allowing them to work safely and efficiently from their homes during the COVID-19 situation.
The new system has now been successfully implemented and our staff are working hard to answer your queries as efficiently as possible.
The team will continue to concentrate its focus on the more vulnerable members of our community.
We are also experiencing an extremely high volume of calls to our Contact Centre if you call, you may face long delays. There are alternative ways for you to get information:
- Stay up to date with changes to council services at our Community updates webpage;
- Volunteer to help vulnerable residents in Sefton here;
- Access a range of Council services online.
If you still need to get in touch? Why not try these options first...
- Make an online payment;
- Request a bulky item collection;
- Report a street sweeping complaint;
- Report dog fouling;
- Report fly tipping;
- Report a broken street light;
- Report an abandoned vehicle;
- Have your say on a consultation;
- Making a planning enforcement complaint.
Not found what you're looking for? Try searching our online services.
Alternatively, you can:
- Use our online contact form - we aim to respond to your query within 10 working days;
- Send us a Tweet or a DM on our Sefton Council Twitter Page;
- Contact us via Facebook messenger;
- Chat to us via Web Chat;
- Contact your local Councillor;
- Provide feedback or make a complaint online.
One Stop Shops
Sefton Council has two One Stop Shops located within the borough dealing with a range of face to face enquiries for many of our Council Services.
Bootle One Stop Shop located on 324 Stanley Road, Bootle, L20 3ET
Southport One Stop Shop located within The Atkinson, Lord Street, Southport, PR8 1DB
However due to Covid-19 we have had to make some temporary changes to the level of service we can offer during this time.
Bootle One Stop Shop remains open during Covid-19 however this is by appointment only during the hours of 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Southport One Stop Shop recently relocated from Cambridge Arcade to The Atkinson and is also by appointment only during the hours of 11am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
If you require an appointment for either One Stop Shop please contact our Contact Centre on 0345 140 0845.
Visiting our One Stop Shops & Accessibility
As our One Stop Shops currently offer an ‘appointment only’ facility between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, our Customer Service Advisors will ring you to schedule your appointment and assess your needs before arrival.
Both One Stop Shops are:
- Wheelchair accessible and we have staff available to assist customers to their appointment when they arrive, should they require it.
- Have a loop hearing system for people who are hearing impaired
- Can offer a private interview room; however, this needs to be requested in advance of your interview.
- Have an interpreter service available for customers where English is not their first language.
Journalists and members of the media can contact Sefton Council’s Communications Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org (not monitored 24-hours)
All media enquiries, including those for Cabinet Members, must be put to the council’s communications team who will facilitate a response, where appropriate, from the Cabinet Member.
Content on MySefton is available for use by journalists and other media.
Videos can be downloaded from Sefton Council’s YouTube channel.
If you require files to be transferred to you in any other way, contact the council’s communications team.
Senior Leadership Team
Dwayne Johnson - Chief Executive
Andrea Watts - Executive Director - People
Stephen Watson - Executive Director
Stephan Van Arendsen - Executive Director of Corporate Resources and Customer Services
Deborah Butcher - Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Health
Vicky Buchanan - Executive Director of Children’s Social Care and Education
Head of Communities - Vacant Post
Stuart Barnes - Head of Economic Growth and Housing
Peter Moore - Head of Highways and Public Protection
Jan McMahon - Head of Strategic Support
Laura Knights - Head of Children’s Social Care
Christian Rogers - Head of Commercial Development
Margaret Jones - Director of Public Health / Head of Health & Wellbeing
Tricia Davies - Interim Head of Education
Head of Localities - Vacant Post
Interim Head of Adult Social Care - Alisa Nile
|Customer Services Defra Initiative Privacy Notice Final||(pdf 72KB)|
|Customer Services Privacy Notice||(pdf 496KB)|