The Council’s Highway Maintenance service are working hard to deliver and prioritise services across the borough to ensure we can prioritise emergency, safety critical and key activities in a timely manner, as such all emergency incidents with an immediate risk to health and safety, such as missing gulley cover, missing manhole cover, carriageway collapse or roadway collision damage, MUST be reported by phone as soon as possible on 0345 140 0845 between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday, any emergency outside of these times are to be reported to our Sefton Arc team on 0151 922 6107. Thank you for your support on this important matter. All other services can be actioned using the online forms in the link report a highway issue above to the right, please do not use this form for emergency incidents.
In an out of hours emergency please contact Sefton Arc on 0151 922 6107. An emergency is an incident which provides an immediate risk to health and safety, such as missing gulley cover, missing manhole cover, carriageway collapse or roadway collision damage.
Highway damage as described below can be reported online
- Blocked gullies or drains in the road (not on private property)
- Carriageway (road) potholes
- Carriageway (road) requires resurfacing
- Defective or missing gully or grid covers in the road
- Defective or missing man hole covers on the pavement (not on private property)
- Defective or missing road signs
- Defective or missing street name plates
- Defective utility boxes
- Footway (pavement) needs resurfacing
- Grass on public land needs cutting
- Hedges need cutting
- Defective guard rails
- Defective road markings
- Uneven footway (pavement)
Once we receive your online report we will investigate within ten working days of receipt, a repair may take up to 28 days after our initial inspection, this depends on the severity of the defect.
If our Inspectors deem the defect as dangerous then we will endeavour to make good and repair within two hours.