If you have nowhere to stay or if it is unsafe for you to return home, or you will be homeless within the next 56 days (eight weeks), you should contact the Housing Options Team immediately.
- email the team on email@example.com
- register as homeless using the Council's customer portal. If you have not already registered please set up an account and complete the referral form.
The team will assess your case and will be able to provide housing options for you and your family.
We can provide you with advice and information on a range of options to help stop you becoming homeless.
In the event that you have become homeless, we may be able to help you find a home.
If you are classed as having a ‘priority need’, Sefton Council has a duty to you under housing law.
- if you have dependent children
- if you or a member of your family is pregnant
- 16 to 17 year olds who are not looked after by Social Services
- 18 to 20 year olds who have been in care between 16 and 18
A person may also have a priority need due to:
- old age
- physical or mental disability
- being a victim of harassment, violence or abuse
- having being in the armed forces
- having lived in an institution
- being over 18 and having been in care
Our officers will assess your details to confirm that your circumstances qualify you as being in priority need. The list below provides links to further information:
Housing Options Team
Tel: 0151 934 3541
Monday-Thursday 10 am to 4 pm
Friday 10am to 3 pm
Housing Centre (Light for Life)
Tel: 01704 501 256
Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
Tel: 07918746042 outside normal office hours and weekends
Southport, PR8 1ES
For people who become homeless when our office is closed, Sefton Council's Health and Social Care Emergency Duty Team manages our out of hour’s service.
The service is for emergencies only and can give you general advice and will be able to assist you to find temporary emergency accommodation.
You can contact the Out of Hours service on 0151 934 3555
Monday to Thursday after 5.00p.m.
Friday after 4.15pm and any time at weekends and public holidays