- Most items which cannot be recycled or put in your green bin, should be put in your grey bin (or in refuse sacks where sack collections are in place).
- If you need to dispose of food waste, please use your grey bin or refuse sack.
However, there are some items that must not be put in your grey bin or refuse sack. This includes:
- Building Materials
- Liquid Waste (including oils and paints)
- Hazardous Waste
- Hot ashes
- Car parts
- Electrical items, batteries
- Fluorescent tubes/low energy light bulbs
- Weed killer
- Infectious materials
- Any item that does not fit in the bin
- Any item exceeding 25kg
To find out how to dispose of these items visit the Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority website.