Help from Sefton Council
Investsefton is the enterprise, business support and inward investment service of Sefton Council, which leads on and supports business growth in Sefton. The team works closely with a wide range of public and private partners and leads on the Council’s Brexit business engagement activities.
Sefton is also one of six local business growth hubs, aimed at boosting the Liverpool City-Region economy, and supporting enterprise, business growth, and investment.
For more information visit the Investsefton website or call 0151 934 3452
Help from central government
GOV.UK has an online tool that you can use to check how leaving the EU may affect your business.
It will guide you to information specific to your industry as well as setting out changes to rules and regulations that you may need to consider.
Help from the Local Growth Hub
The Local Growth Hub for Liverpool City Region is a public/private sector partnership led by the Local Enterprise Partnership. Visit the Brexit section of their website.
Help from Liverpool & Sefton Chambers of Commerce
Liverpool Chamber of Commerce works with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the city and has useful information about leaving the EU on its website.
The chamber has also developed a Business Brexit checklist.
Regional Brexit Council
A regional Brexit Council has also been set up to represent the private and public sectors across the city region.
Council members will share intelligence and work together to offer co-ordinated responses to local and national government.
The council is chaired by Asif Hamid MBE, chair of the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
The members of the Brexit Council are as follows:
- Tony Reeves, chief executive, Liverpool City Council
- Mark Basnett, managing director, LEP
- Frank Rogers, acting chief executive, LCR Combined Authority
- Mark Bousfield, director of commercial development and investment, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
- Kath Boullen, chief executive, St Helens Chamber
- Phil McCabe, development manager, Federation of Small Businesses
- Damian Waters, regional director, North West Confederation of British Industry
- Lynn Collins, regional secretary, TUC
- Prof Dame Janet Beer, vice chancellor, University of Liverpool
- Elaine Bowker, principal and chief executive, The City of Liverpool College Group
- Mark Whitworth, chief executive, Peel Ports Group
- Stuart Lord, director of operations, Jaguar Land Rover
- Mike Hulme, managing director, trains and modernization, Alstom
- Rob Carden, Assistant Chief Constable, Merseyside Police
- Dr Liz Mear, chief executive, Innovation Agency
- Mike Gibney, director of workforce and innovation, The Walton Centre
- Jon Hague, vice president operations and open innovation, Unilever
- Tom Carter, area director corporate banking, HSBC
- Frank McKenna, chief executive, Downtown in Business