Brexit - advice for residents

The government’s website GOV.UK offers a wide range of information for residents as we prepare for an exit from the EU.

The information covers the following topics:

EU nationals living in the UK

If you live in the UK and are from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, you will need to apply for settled status via the government’s EU settlement scheme

UK nationals living in the EU

Information on the rights and status of UK nationals living in the European Union, European Economic Area (EEA) and European Free Trade Area (EFTA), and Switzerland is also available on GOV.UK.


Translations of the settled status guidance for EU citizens and their families has been published on GOV.UK.

Last Updated on Monday, January 30, 2023

Recite Me Button