All new and existing Direct Payment users will be offered the Prepaid Card as the default method of managing their Direct Payment.
A Prepaid Card account is just like a current account from your bank with a debit card. Sefton pays your Personal Budget onto the card so that you can use it to pay for services agreed in your Care Support Plan.
|Easy Read Guide to Prepaid Cards|
|Frequently Asked Questions for Prepaid Cards|
|Prepaid Card Terms And Conditions (from 13th January 2018)|
|Prepaid Card Terms And Conditions (up to 13th January 2018)|
|Prepaid Cards Step By Step Guide|
- Step by step guide – This will be sent to you once your card has been created or alternatively you are able to view a copy of this online. The information in this guide should enable you to manage your prepaid card account.
- Support to transfer funds – if you are an existing recipient and you are transferring to a prepaid card, you will receive instructions on how to transfer you’re your balance from your existing Direct Payments Account.
- Online Support – If you are struggling to make a payment or need some support, then you can call a member of the Direct Payments Team who will be able to talk you through the process whilst logged onto your account.
- Prepaid Card Contact Centre – there is a dedicated telephone number to contact EML Customer Support Team for Sefton cardholders.
- You no longer need to send bank statements to the Direct Payment's Team on a quarterly basis, everything will be easily accessible online.
- It is a secure and easy way to make payments for your care.
- Same day bank transfers.
- You have immediate access to funds and balance.
- You can nominate a trusted person to help manage the account with you.
- You can use a smartphone, tablet or computer to access your account online.
- You will receive support from the Direct Payments Team to help you to transfer to a Prepaid Card account.
- Sefton Council will pay your Direct Payment's money onto the card every 4 weeks in advance.
- You can pay for your assessed care needs by bank transfer or telephone directly into a Personal Assistant’s or Care Agency’s bank account.
- You can check your account balances online or by telephone at anytime.
- You can pay your client contribution directly into the account by standing order.
- You cannot go overdrawn or get into debt by using the prepaid card account.
- You will no longer be required to make payments by cheque.
- There is no charge for using the Prepaid Card, although lost and stolen cards will be charged £3.50 for a replacement.