Library Opening Hours - Public Access Days
- Crosby and Formby Libraries – Monday & Thursday 10-4.30pm and Saturday 10-1:30pm
- Bootle Library - Monday and Thursday 10-4.30pm
- Meadows Library, Maghull - Tuesday and Friday 10-4.30pm
- Netherton Library - Wednesday 10-4.30pm
- Southport Library, The Atkinson - Monday to Saturday 11-4pm
The services available will include;
- Book borrowing and information enquiries.
- People's Network Computers - Users will be advised to wipe down keyboards and mice before and after use for their own safety.
- Reading groups and partner lead community activities.
- Story and Rhymetime sessions. Booking is required for story and rhymetime sessions, please contact the host library.
- At Crosby library, in the local history section you can access; microfiche machines, the newspaper archive and Electoral Rolls. Booking is advised.
Select, collect and return
- Crosby and Formby Libraries – Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10-4:30pm
- Bootle Library- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10-4:30pm, Saturday 10-12:30pm
Library users will be able to return items and collect orders. Items can be ordered via the library website - www.sefton.gov.uk/libraries or by phoning the local library to make a request.
Sefton Council have stated that the wearing of face coverings is mandatory in public buildings, this includes all library spaces.
Visitors will be required to provide NHS Test & Trace details; these details will be kept securely for 21 days. Information will be held solely for the purpose of contacting people who may have been exposed to a confirmed case of Covid-19, when they have been identified as visiting one of Sefton Library buildings. As Sefton Council are the Public Health Authority, we will fully support the programme by allowing in only those willing to give their details.
- Cleansing stations will be available at all library entrances.
- Social distancing will be required during your visit.
- Library opening hours have been shortened to allow for additional cleaning to take place.
The library service will constantly review the measures in line with Sefton Council and Public Health advice.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
If your child has missed receiving their FREE Bookstart pack because of lockdown, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a pack to be sent to your nearest library for you to collect.
The baby pack is gifted at 7-9 months, usually by your health visitor.
The treasure pack is usually gifted when your child is 3-4 years, just prior to them going into reception.
Please don't let your child miss out!
You have access to free online daily newspapers and some magazines available from the UK and across the world. These can be accessed from the RBdigital app.
In response to the temporary closure of our library buildings, Ancestry can now be accessed for free from your home computer or tablet. All you need to do is log in to your library account and there is a link to take you to the Ancestry search screen.
Join us every Monday at 10:30 for our weekly virtual storytime
Libraries understand the importance of enjoying stories together. Every Monday at 10.30am via the Sefton Libraries Facebook page, you and your toddler can enjoy watching one of our team read a pre-recorded story. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to our Libraries story and rhyme times when it is safe to do so.
For now, please enjoy our virtual Storytelling.
You can now access FREE WiFi in every Sefton Council library