The following charges apply to book a visit (per pest type) at a domestic property. We will provide a quote for work at commercial premises including Houses in Multiple Occupation.
To arrange your appointment, please call us on 0345 140 0845.
|Visit type||Charge for property with less than 4 bedrooms||Charge for property with 4 or more bedrooms|
|Assessment visit (all pest types)||£37.50||£37.50|
|Rat treatment visit||£44.50||£44.50|
|Mice treatment visit||£44.50||£44.50|
|Bed-bug treatment visit||£99.00||£205.00|
|Cockroach treatment visit||£75.00||£123.50|
|Flea treatment visit||£75.00||£123.50|
What happens next?
- If you have booked a treatment visit, an officer will survey the site and if necessary, apply an appropriate treatment.
- If you have booked an assessment visit, an officer will survey the site and provide you with advice only. If you then book a treatment visit at the same property within 14 calendar days of your assessment visit, we will reduce the cost of the treatment visit by the assessment visit charge.
- We do not deal with wasps, ants, bees, bats, pigeons, rabbits, squirrels, moles, feral cats, foxes, woodworm, flies, or garden insects
- Households in receipt of council tax reduction scheme benefit will not be required to pay (you will need to provide your reference when you contact us)
- The effectiveness of any treatment is dependent upon environmental factors that may be outside our control. The complete eradication of pests cannot therefore be guaranteed
- A refund can only be made if you give 2 full working days’ notice prior to the scheduled initial treatment visit or assessment visit date.
Further information and details are available at seftonpestcontrol.co.uk
- Visits can only be booked for domestic properties within Sefton. We will quote for commercial work within Sefton – including Houses in Multiple Occupation
- A visit can only be booked after payment has been received
- A charge will apply for each reported pest type at a domestic property occupied by a single household.
- Households in receipt of Council tax Reduction Scheme Benefit who are able to demonstrate entitlement will not be required to pay for pest treatment or assessment services
- For flea treatment visits we will make one visit to survey the site and apply an appropriate treatment.
- For mice, rat, or cockroach treatment visits we will make an initial visit to survey the site and apply an appropriate treatment. One re-visit may be booked at the customer’s request where the pest activity is continuing at no further cost. A re-visit may be booked no sooner than 7 days from the initial visit date and no later than 28 days from the initial visit date.
- For bed bug treatment visits we will make an initial visit to survey the site and apply an appropriate treatment. Up to two re-visits may be booked at the customer’s request where the pest activity is continuing at no further cost. A re-visit may be booked no sooner than 14 days from the initial visit date or first re-visit and no later than 28 days from the initial visit date or first re-visit.
- A person seeking to book a revisit more than 28 days after the initial visit date or first revisit date in the case of bedbugs will be considered as a new service request and a charge will apply
- The reduction in cost of a treatment visit following an assessment visit at the same property will only apply if the treatment visit is booked within 14 calendar days of the assessment visit. The full charge for treatment visits will otherwise apply
- If the reported pest is a rodent (rats, mice), a customer may also book a bait box collection visit – where a bait box has been used by our staff and independent of a re-visit. There is no charge for the bait box collection visit. If a bait box is used by our staff at a property with the occupier’s consent, it is the occupier’s responsibility to safely dispose of the bait box either by booking a bait box collection visit or by returning it to Sefton Council One Stop Shop (Stanley Rd, Bootle / Cambridge Arcade, Southport)
- A refund can only be made if you give us at least 2 full working days notice prior to the scheduled initial treatment visit or assessment visit date. So if the scheduled initial treatment or assessment visit day - is Wednesday, you must have contacted the Sefton Council contact centre by 6pm on the Friday before
- Treatment or assessment visits can only be rescheduled if you give us at least 2 full working days notice prior to the scheduled visit date
- Where there is a service failure on the Council’s part the visit will be rescheduled or – in the case of an initial treatment or assessment visit - the charge may be refunded at the customer’s convenience
- If a customer fails to attend more than one scheduled date for any treatment or assessment visit, the treatment or assessment visit will be cancelled without refund
- Where potential underlying causes of the infestation are identified at the premises or impinge from a neighbouring premise, e.g. drainage defect, accumulation of waste etc. a referral will be made to the Environmental Heath team, appropriate Council Department or External Agency.
- If the reported pest is within a loft space the Officer may not be able to safely access the area – the Officer will undertake a risk assessment at the threshold of the loft to determine if they can. Treatment may still be possible without full access however, this will be based on the Officer’s assessment.
- We will deal with your request in a helpful and courteous manner and will ensure so far as practicable that all pre-arranged appointments are punctually attended, or that advanced notification is given of any change
- We reserve the right to refuse or withdraw our service at any time if we suspect that there has been a breach of any health, safety or environmental guidance or if you fail to take action in response to a written request from us
- We will not undertake any pest control treatment or other work at your premises without an adult member of the household being present
- Before carrying out any treatment involving the use of rodenticides we will conduct a risk assessment survey to determine the most appropriate method to use. A copy of this document will be provided to you
- We will take all reasonable care when carrying out the treatment but will not accept responsibility for any damage to property arising from the work undertaken
- We reserve the right to charge for any missing or damaged bait boxes, traps or similar equipment listed on the risk assessment form at £30 per item
- We will provide general information about the insecticides/rodenticides used at your premises and will provide additional information upon request
- Where it is suspected that an infestation is being caused by a defect in the building structure, you will be advised and, where appropriate, the matter will be reported to other staff to investigate or resolve.
- Telephone calls may be recorded for training or security purposes.
- Keep children, livestock and pets away from pesticides, baits, traps and poisons
- Do not disturb or otherwise interfere with pesticides, baits, traps, and poisons. Pesticides and rodenticides may be dangerous and should not be handled
- Advise us immediately of any interference with pesticides, baits, traps, and poisons or where you suspect there is a risk to persons, animals or the environment from our treatment
- Properly dispose of dead rodents or other pests from your property
- Carry out the recommendations of our pest control officers for the treatment of your premises
- Keep appointments with us or tell us in advance if you are unable to keep an appointment.