We ask people to continue putting their bins out as normal unless advised otherwise. Please be patient with our teams as services may take longer than usual at this time.
*Please Note: Ensure you enter your postal code with a space between each part of your code. For example 'PR9 7QN'*
What you need to know
- All recycling can go together in the brown bins or hessian sacks
- Please note that green wheelie bins can be emptied up until 8pm on collection days
- Residents must not put any extra bags of general waste or recycling at the kerbside for collection
- Residents must ensure that the lids of their bins are fully closed when out for collection
If you have any additional waste or recycling that will not fit into your bin with a closed lid please take it to the nearest tip.
If your address doesn't appear on the above schedule please complete the property not on bin schedule form.
Before reporting a missed collection, please check:
- It is midday the day after your collection was missed.
- The correct coloured bin was presented.
- The bin does not contain the wrong type of waste. If the collection crews find your bins or sacks contain something it should not, the bin will not be emptied. For more information regarding the type of waste that can go in your bin, visit: https://www.sefton.gov.uk/bins-recycling/what-goes-in-my-bin.aspx
- The bin has not been overfilled with the lid open.
- Waste has been jammed inside the bin.
- The bin was placed at the agreed collection point for the property by 6.30am which is usually kerbside with the bin handles facing the road.
- Your bin has not been overloaded and was not too heavy to lift as it presents a health and safety risk.
If you do not report your missed bin within 3 working days from the date collection was due, you will need to wait until your next collection or take your waste to a Household Waste Recycling Centre. http://merseysidewda.gov.uk