Before reporting a missed collection, please check:
- It is midday the day after your collection was missed.
- The correct coloured bin was presented.
- The bin does not contain the wrong type of waste. If the collection crews find your bins or sacks contain something it should not, the bin will not be emptied. For more information regarding the type of waste that can go in your bin, visit: https://www.sefton.gov.uk/bins-recycling/what-goes-in-my-bin.aspx
- The bin has not been overfilled with the lid open.
- Waste has been jammed inside the bin.
- The bin was placed at the agreed collection point for the property by 6.30am which is usually kerbside with the bin handles facing the road.
- Your bin has not been overloaded and was not too heavy to lift as it presents a health and safety risk.
If you do not report your missed bin within 3 working days from the date collection was due, you will need to wait until your next collection or take your waste to a Household Waste Recycling Centre. http://merseysidewda.gov.uk
Important information regarding green bin collections
- Cleansing do not return for single green (garden waste) missed bins. The crew will return if the whole road has been missed.
- Your green bin can be collected up to 8pm on your collection day so please leave it out and, if still not collected, report after midday the following day.
- Please still report your single missed bin in case there is an issue with collections in the future and we will investigate.
If you placed your bin our correctly, and all of the above is not applicable, we will aim to return and collect it within 5 working days. Please do not bring your bin back in, please leave your bin out until crew return/arrive.
Other reasons why your bin may not have been collected on the schedule collection day:
- Severe weather conditions don't allow i.e. snow, ice, flooding, etc.
- Access is restricted by road works, parked vehicles, etc.
- Traffic conditions.
It is important to note that any extra bags of general waste or recycling at the kerbside next to the bins, these will NOT be collected.
If your missed collection is for a commercial bin, please follow this link: https://www.sefton.gov.uk/bins-recycling/commercial-waste.aspx
To log a missed collection, register with our My Service Portal.