Your adult social care assessment will help us to determine your care needs and eligibility.
This isn’t an interview, just an informal conversation so there’s no need to worry about it. All we ask is that you answer the questions honestly so that we can get an accurate picture of your current situation and how we may be able to support you.
We may ask you questions about:
- You, your family, friends and others – We’ll get to know you and any hobbies and interests you may have. We’ll also ask about your support circle and your relationships with them.
- You and your community – We will ask you about your community connections, any regular activities you participate in as well as anything you would like to get involved with.
- Your personal care and everyday tasks – This is where we’ll talk about your daily routine and personal care needs. This is an opportunity to tell us about any tasks you find difficult and feel you need support with.
- Managing your healthcare – You will be able to tell us about any ongoing health conditions you have been diagnosed with, your mobility and the impact any conditions may have on your daily life. We will also ask about any regular medication you may be taking.
- You and your home – This is your chance to talk about your living situation and how it works for you.
- Keeping safe – You are welcome to raise any concerns you have about your own safety and wellbeing and help us to understand what we can do to help you to stay safe.
This conversation will help us to understand whether or not you are eligible for social care support.
If you are found not to be eligible for social care at this time, we will connect you to other services in your community that can help you to live independently.
Call 0345 140 0845 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, closed weekends and Bank Holidays)