Enjoy your favourite e-books, e-audiobooks, digital newspapers and magazines with Your Library Sefton on BorrowBox, Libby and PressReader.
Your library card gives you free access anywhere, anytime to e-books and e-audiobooks on BorrowBox and Libby, digital newspapers and magazines on PressReader and language learning on Transparent Language Online.
E-books and e-audiobooks on BorrowBox
BorrowBox offers a range of e-books and e-audiobooks to borrow. With a registered account you can borrow up to four e-books and four e-audiobooks at a time. You can then download these e-books and enjoy offline.
E-audiobooks on Libby
Libby offers a range of e-audiobooks to borrow. With a registered account you can borrow up to three e-audiobooks at a time. You can then download these e-audiobooks and listen to them offline.
Unlimited access to the world's top newspapers and magazines with PressReader
PressReader offers thousands of digital newspapers to read. With a registered account you can access unlimited local, national and global publications through PressReader. Access it via this link.
Download for your device
Download the apps on your iPad, tablet or smartphone by searching for them on the Play Store on Android and the App Store on iOS. BorrowBox is also available on the Amazon Appstore on Fire OS. BorrowBox and Libby are not available on standard Kindle devices.
- Search and select the BorrowBox Library App then install on your device.
- Accept the terms and conditions and open the App.
- You will be asked for the Library, Enter: Sefton Library
- For existing Sefton Library members your library card number is your ID/Barcode and your PIN/Password is your existing library PIN.
- If you are not already a member please visit your local library to register for your Sefton Library card. It is free to join for anyone living or working in Sefton. Click here for further information.
- Click open then read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- To receive notifications enter your email address, tick to receive newsletters.
- The homepage will give you information on the books you have on loan and reserved, the loan periods, and the number of remaining reservation.
- Search and select the Libby app, then install onto your device.
- Open the app and follow the prompts on screen.
- If you have a Sefton library card you can search for Sefton Libraries.
- When it asks you to enter your Library Account details you will need your library card number and your PIN number.
- You should now have a digital library card to use on the Libby app. The Libby app allows you to store multiple library cards, so you can sign up your whole family - you can rename and customise each card that you add.
- Access PressReader at pressreader.com or download the PressReader app
- Login to PressReader - click on the profile icon on the right-hand side
- Select "login as a library or group"
- Search for, then select Sefton Library Service
- Add the number from your library card
- Add your password - this is the four digit code used to access your library account. If you do not know this, contact your local library and ask for it to be re-set.
- To search for an e-book you can either use the search facility and type in the title of the book you require or scroll through the different genres available.
- Click on your chosen title and select Borrow - a notice will appear for you to confirm loan and will give details of the number of loans you have remaining.
- A notice will appear to say Loan successful - you can then continue browsing or start reading or listening to your new book.
- If the book you require is already on loan you will be given the option to reserve the title and will be notified when the title becomes available.
- If you can't find what you are looking for - please be aware that not all publishers make their books available for e-lending by libraries.
- We recommend that you download your titles in a Wi-Fi environment to avoid high data usage.
- For more specific information on using the apps, please visit the BorrowBox site or RBdigital site.
These instructional videos will show you just how easy it is to start using our digital services on BorrowBox and PressReader.