Situated over two floors, Meadows Leisure Centre consists of a 25m, five lane pool and a 12.5m learner pool complete with changing village, family cubicles, accessible changing room and school/club changing areas. In addition and situated close to pool side is our Health suite consisting of a steam area and saunarium.
Located on the first floor is our fantastic Active Sefton Fitness Suite consisting of 65 stations with the latest state of the art resistance and cardio vascular equipment. To complement your work out why not try one of nearly 100 health and fitness classes in our fully sprung timber fitness studio, ranging from low intensity Pilates through high intensity Body Pump.
- Activate fitness suite
- Functional conditioning area
- 2 x Group fitness studio
- 25 metre, five-lane swimming pool
- 12.5metre learner pool
- Sauna and steam rooms
- Large two floor library facility
- Outdoor reading area
- Learner pool
- Dry side changing facilities
- Sauna and steam room
Pool Timetable Click Here
Class Timetable and booking: Click Here
Before visiting, please take a moment to read through our swimming criteria.
Family and Child admissions policy
The admission criteria detailed below is based on national guidance issued by the following governing bodies, The institute of sport & recreation Management (ISRM), Swim England, The Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) and the Royal society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA)
- All Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person of 16 years or above.
- The responsible person must go into the water with the child/children they are accompanying.
- Whilst in the pool the responsible person should maintain a constant watch over the child/children they are accompanying and be in close contact with children who are weak or non-swimmers.
- Weak/non-swimmers must wear armbands and are restricted to the shallow end of the main pool.
Important reminder - If your child attends swimming lessons and they are under the age of 8, they are not permitted entry into the main pool before or after their swimming lesson unless accompanied by an adult. Lifeguards reserve the right to remove any swimmer who is in breach of the guidance stated above.
Under 4’s - One adult: one child without armbands or two children with armbands
4-7 Years - One adult: Two children with or without armbands
Mixed ages - One adult: One child under the age of 4 with armbands and one child between the ages of 4 -7 years with or without armbands
Rules for the pool
To improve your swim, we ask that you:
- Shower before entering the pool
- Read and obey all signs
- Familiarise yourself with the pool's depths
- Follow the lifeguard's instructions at all times
- Wear a buoyancy aid and stay within safe standing depth if necessary
- Do not eat or drink alcohol immediately prior to swimming
- Tie back long hair
- Use the protective blue overshoes provided
Centre opening hours
|Monday to Friday||6:30am - 10.00pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
How to find us
Hall Lane, Maghull, Liverpool, Merseyside L31 7BB