Social care complaints

Get in touch:

How to complain, raise concerns or pass on compliments

We aim to provide services that meet the very best standards which support and promote independence, health, well-being and choices, respecting dignity and safeguarding adults in Sefton.

However, if something goes wrong please let us know and we will try to put things right and make improvements. We would encourage you to raise your concerns directly with staff concerned or the manager of the service, as it may be possible to sort out the problems straight away. Reporting an issue about our services or the services commissioned by us will not adversely affect your current or future treatment.

Who can report an issue?
Anyone who is receiving, or has received Adult Social Care services can complain. If you are unable to complain yourself, then someone can act on your behalf with your written consent.

What happens next?

  • You will receive a written acknowledgment within 3 working days
  • Your complaint will be fully investigated
  • You may be invited to attend a meeting to discuss your concerns
  • You will be kept informed of any delays in investigating your complaint
  • Where appropriate, steps will be taken to improve the quality of services
  • If you are still not satisfied, we welcome the opportunity to try to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction through further local resolution. We may appoint an independent investigator.

Alternatively, you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.


Adult Social Care Complaints Procedure (pdf 142KB)

Last Updated on 05 September 2017