Swimming sessions & swimming ratios
There are a limited number of participants allowed in a swimming pool at any one time. In order to guarantee entry, participants should arrive at the venue prior to the time stated in the brochure. Our swimming ratios are as follows:
- Under 4 yrs - one adult to one child with or without armbands or one adult to two children with armbands
- 4 - 7 yrs - one adult to two children with or without armbands
- Mixed Ages - one adult to one under 4 with armbands and one 4 - 7yrs with or without armbands.
Children 7yrs and under
Our service aims to be child-centred, friendly, safe and fun so that children can play, regardless of race, gender, religion, cultural background or ability.The activity camps are not classed as childcare and we recommend that parents of children under 7yrs are responsible for their safety, during and after the session. Attendees can only be supervised while on site and during the publicised times. Please note: children cannot be confined to the programme, prevented from leaving or escorted home.
- All activities are popular and spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Phone lines are only manned during office hours, please leave a voicemail outside of these hours.
- Payments can now be made over the telephone and must be made at the time of booking.
- Activities are non-refundable.
Active Sefton promotes children to eat a healthy balanced diet and get active. Just like our schools in Sefton, we ask that you try and make healthier lunch choices and do not give your children chocolate, sweets, cakes or fizzy drinks. Below are some ideas to help you pack up a healthy lunch box for your child to bring with them to our school holiday camps.
- Swap white bread to wholemeal bread for sandwiches
- Swap fizzy and juice drinks for water
- Swap high sugar, high fat products such as chocolate sweets, cakes and crisps for fruit, sugar free jelly and plain popcorn
- Include some chopped up vegetables as a snack with a low calorie dip, such as hummus
This lunch box guidance is intended to help children develop and practice healthy eating habits. A nutritious meal at lunch time can help children concentrate and increase their energy levels and performance. Give some of the swaps a try!
Please can we ask children to leave mobile phones/tablets at home or in their bags during the duration of Be Active sessions. As part of the registration process, our coaches make sure that we have contact numbers for all parents/guardians, so should we need to contact you at any stage during the day, we are able to do so.
We are unable to take responsibility for electronic equipment.