Children's Social Care
Sefton are working with Public Health England to provide information and updates during COVID-19
The DfE have published updated guidance for local authorities in respect of supporting young people during Covid-19. This only applies to ENGLAND. The DfE guidance addresses a number of the issues concerning Children’s Homes, including:
- The use of restraint to prevent a young person leaving the Children’s Home if the young person has symptoms of COVID-19 or is confirmed to have the disease and who to contact
- Managing a young person’s behaviour if they are not complying with social distancing
- Staff shortages
Skills for Care COVID-19 Essential Training
The impact of COVID-19 has created an extremely challenging time for the social care workforce. Skills for Care have identified training that remains a priority during this period to ensure there is a skilled and competent workforce. The training is on:
- Care Certificate
- Assisting and moving people
- Health and safety awareness
- Fire safety
- Basic life support and first aid
- Infection prevention and control
- Food safety
- Medication management
- Safeguarding adults
Further information can be found here.
The following courses are free training courses and can be accessed through Sefton Council’s Learner Management System (MeLearning)
- Coronavirus Awarenes E-Learning (10 mins) Access it now here.
If you haven’t registered before, please click the “Self-Register” button, located at the bottom left hand of the page.
For existing users, you will be asked to log in using your username and password. If you have forgotten your password please click the “forgot your password” button and you will receive an email prompting you to change your password.
If you can’t remember your username and/or password, please contact Sefton Corporate Learning Centre on 0151 934 2872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find relevant Practice Guidance with regards to COVID-19