Under the Data Protection Act you have a right to access your records, however there are legal restrictions on some types of information.
By completing a subject access request form. This can be obtained from your local Social Care Office, or by contacting the Access to Files Officer on 0151 934 3405. Alternatively, you can complete an electronic version of the access to files request form.
The form can be printed blank for you to complete by hand and sign, or you can save a copy to your computer, which allows you to fill in your details electronically and print a copy to sign.
You need to provide two forms of identification, one which confirms your identity and one which confirms your current address. Please send only photocopy documents, do not send originals as these can be lost in transit.
Acceptable confirmation of identity includes:
- Current Passport
- Birth certificate
- Unexpired photo card driving licence (full or provisional)
Acceptable confirmation of current address includes:
- Utility bill dated within the last three months
- Council Tax bill for current year
- Unexpired old style paper driving licence
- Bank statement dated within the last three months
- Benefits Agency / State Pension correspondence (on letter-headed paper) dated within the last three months.