You can now enjoy your favourite e-books and e-audiobooks any time, anywhere with Sefton Library Service's new borrowing service using the BorrowBox app.
Sefton Library Service is excited to team up with BorrowBox, the UK's leading library digital borrowing service.
You can download the app on most devices, including the Google Play Store for Android, the App store for IOS, the Amazon app store for the Kindle Fire or simply search for BorrowBox on any search engine. BorrowBox is not available on standard Kindle devices.
You can browse, borrow and download a title within the app and reserve multiple titles meaning you can enjoy the world's best authors and your favourite celebrity narrators whenever you like.
- Search and select the BorrowBox Library App then install onto your device.
- Accept the terms and conditions and open the App.
- You will be asked for the Library, Enter: Sefton Libraries.
- For existing Sefton Library members your Library card number is your ID/Barcode and your pin/password is your existing library pin number.
- If you are not already a member please visit your local library to register for your Sefton Library card. It is free to join for anyone living or working in Sefton. Click here for further information.
- Click Open then read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- To receive notifications enter your email address, tick to receive newsletters.
- The home page will give you information on the books you have on loan or on reserve, the loan periods and the number of reservations you have remaining.
- To search for an e-book you can either use the 🔍 facility and type in the title of the book you require or scroll through the different genres available.
- Click on your chosen title and select Borrow - a notice will appear for you to confirm loan and will give details of the number of loans you have remaining.
- A notice will appear to say Loan Succesful you can then continue browsing or start reading or listening to your new book.
- If the book you require is already on loan you will be given the option to reserve the title and will be notified when the title becomes available.
- If you can’t find what you are looking for – please be aware that not all publishers make their books available for e-lending by libraries.
- We recommend that you download in a Wi-Fi environment, to avoid high data usage
- For more specific information on using the app please visit the BorrowBox site.
This instructional video from one of our very helpful librarians shows just how easy it is to start using our new e-books and e-audiobooks borrowing app. Please take a minute to watch it.