Being healthier doesn’t just mean having a healthy body, it also means having a healthy mind. Your mind is like any other part of your body, it needs looking after and some exercise.
Some people use the Five Ways to Wellbeing to exercise their mind. Click Five Ways to Wellbeing for more information.
You can do it yourself, it’s free, you decide how you do it and control how quickly you do it. Start by watching the video below.
I am unhappy, is this normal?
- Yes, everyone gets worried sometimes and anyone can have an unhealthy mind.
- Being unhappy or have an unhealthy mind is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.
- 1 in 4 people will suffer some sort of mental health issues at some point in their life.
What can I do about?
- Having a healthy and happy mind can help you make sure that your quality of life is as good as it can be. It can also help you to cope when life sometimes does get harder.
- There is probably a reason or two why you might have unhealthy mind and we can help you sort it out.
- You can get support from the Living Wellness Sefton, by clicking here www.livingwellsefton.org.uk
- If you don’t fancy that then try looking at other things that can help like using the 5 Ways to Wellbeing.
Where can I go if I think it is serious?
- Access Sefton (click here) provides help for people with anxiety, depression and other similar difficulties.
- The service is free and funded by the NHS.
- Anyone aged 16 year and over who lives in Sefton and is registered with a GP is able to access our service.
- You can self-refer online or you can call us directly on 0151 955 3200 to arrange an appointment.
- Or, you can contact your GP to request a referral to this service.