Emerging Supplementary Planning Documents update
The Council has begun or intends this year to begin work on a number of new or updated Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD) and an Information Note to support the policies in its Adopted Local Plan.
These will cover a whole range of topics and areas. The documents the Council are intending to produce are:
• House Extensions SPD (review)
• New Housing Development SPD (review)
• Homes in Multiple in Occupation and Flats SPD (review)
• Design SPD (review)
• Sustainable Travel in Development SPD (review)
• Crosby Coastal Park SPD
• Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) and Flood Risk Information Note
• Information Note: At what dwelling threshold should housing development mitigate increased recreation pressure on the Sefton Coast?
The suggested scope (the issues and broad context) of these documents is set out in the July 2017 SPD scoping document. Consultation on the scope of these SPDs took place in summer 2017, and a summary of the responses made will be provided shortly.
Also, the Affordable and Special Needs Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is being progressed now that the Local Plan has been adopted and the government’s policy direction has emerged.
There will be further opportunity to comment on the draft SPDs and Information Notes once we have written the draft documents. We will advertise separately when this opportunity arises.