Parks and Gardens of special historic interest are contained in the “Register of Parks and Gardens of special historic interest in England” compiled and maintained by English Heritage. These parks and gardens, which by reason of their historic layout, features and architectural ornaments, are of special interest and an essential part of the nation's heritage. Entries are graded I, II* (II star), or II.
As yet these listed parks and gardens do not have legal protection comparable to that of listed buildings, but we must consult interested expert parties on planning applications affecting them.
Historic parks and gardens in Sefton
- Botanic Gardens, Churchtown (grade II)
- Hesketh Park, Southport (grade II*)
- Ince Blundell Park, Ince Blundell (grade II*)
- King's Gardens and South Marine Gardens, Southport (grade II)
- Derby Park, Bootle (grade II)
Sefton's Historic Parks and Gardens can be viewed using SIMON.
To report repairs or damage to any of our parks please contact our Parks Repair Line on 0151 934 2365.