The sefton travel team provides free advice on all transport options including public transport, walking, cycling and information on alternative modes of transport.
The team work with
- Employers to encourage their staff to consider their travel choices and use more sustainable modes of transport can have numerous positive benefits to your organisation
- Individuals by promoting the Sefton wheels cycle scheme for anyone starting work or attending interviews or training courses, including assistance with travel costs when starting a new job
Young people and students in relation to travel to school, college, training or employment, or those leaving college and looking for training or employment.
Merseytravel provides information about bus routes and bus services throughout Merseyside on the Merseytravel website or via the Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.
National Express provides services to Maghull and Southport. Further information is available on the National Express website.
A Shopmobility scheme is only available in Southport from the Sefton Carers Centre, Princess Royal Trust.
They provide the loan of wheelchairs, power chairs and scooters to anyone with mobility problems to enable them to shop and get around the town centre. Southport Shopmobility is located on the corner of West Street and Scarisbrick Avenue, Southport.
Wheelchairs, scooters and power chairs can be hired for the day and subject to certain criteria can be loaned overnight or for longer periods. All the vehicles can be delivered to and collected from a hotel/railway station/coach point etc subject to volunteer availability.
There is a nominal annual membership fee and a charge for each hire. Further details of current charges and services are available from Southport Shopmobility on 01704 546 654.
The Merseylink bus service is Merseytravel's dial-a-ride service for people with mobility problems or difficulties, who cannot use ordinary public transport some or all of the time. Contact them on:
- 0151 330 1660 for bookings
- 0151 330 1661 for cancellations or enquiries
- RNID Typetalk - Dial 18001 before either of the numbers above for a Typetalk assisted call