Sefton@Work offers a range of free and confidential job-related services to residents aged 16 years and over throughout Sefton. We have been working alongside Sefton residents and employers now for the last 10 years. In that time we have:
- Conducted over 54,000 one-to-one client interviews
- Registered over 12,000 individuals
- Helped 4213 people into jobs
- Helped 2669 people into training
- Supported 2148 local businesses
- Advertised 2953 vacancies
Sefton@Work Client Services
Create a better future for you and your family with the Sefton@Work Families Programme. When you join, we can provide you with a range of specialist support to help you overcome any barriers you and your family may face whilst you are looking for work. We offer a client-centered service which enables Sefton@Work to provide you with tailored advice and guidance and work with you to develop your own personalised action plan.
Our support includes:
- Personal Advisers on hand to give advice and guidance including CVs, application forms, and job searches
- IT training classes
- Confidence- building courses
- Personal development
- Real work experience
- Health and wellbeing support
We deliver the programme with a range of other specialist support partners who can help with a variety of issues, including debt and housing issues. Our Families Programme is available throughout Sefton, for more information on your local programme please call Sefton@Work on 0151 934 2610.
The ESF Families Programme is delivered in partnership with Reed in Partnership.
Sefton@Work Employer Services
We also provide a free, professional recruitment service to employers to help them to recruit locally to find the right person for the job. Our Services to employers include:
- free and flexible recruitment services
- advertising and promotion of vacancies
- help with putting together job descriptions
- pre-screening, testing (including psychometric) and sifting of applicants
- pre-employment and motivational training courses
- job/job seeker matching service
- advice on recruitment and information on a range of issues within employment law
- advice on up-skilling existing staff
- support with redundancy situations
For more information, please visit the Sefton@Work website, call them on 0151 934 2610, or drop in to one of the centres:
286-288 Stanley Road, Bootle, L20 3ER
The Promenade Office, Southport, PR9 0DZ (next to Southport Theatre)
For information on finding work with organisations other than the council, or if you are an organisation wishing to list a vacancy please see the Univesal Jobmatch website (below).