We want to promote good quality and well managed private rented accommodation within Sefton through our property accreditation scheme. Each accredited property will receive accreditation status for 5 years. The scheme is voluntary and free to join.
How to join the scheme
You can apply online to the accreditation scheme
To complete your application, you will need the details of the property that you want to accredit along with your contact details and,
- signed copy of the property Code of Standards document
- signed management Code of Standards document
- current Gas Safety Certificate
- property's Energy Performance Certificate
What happens next
Once we receive the above documentation we will contact you directly to arrange an inspection of the property. Your property will be accredited if the requirements of the Property Code of Standards are met. You will be sent a welcome pack, your certificate and details of how to access the benefits of the scheme plus login details of the Landlord Portal.
Contact us if you have problems logging into the Landlord Portal.
- Advertisement of your accredited property on Property Pool Plus
- An electronic Accreditation Certificate for each property accredited
- A discount on the property's Licensing fees (if applicable)
- Access to the tenant find service through Housing Options
- Discounted training courses
- Advice on tenancy matters and property standards
- An invitation to briefing sessions to update landlords and agents on relevant Local Authority initiatives
- Access to Empty Homes Matchmakers scheme
- Advice on accessing energy efficiency grants and interest free loans
- An invitation to the Private Landlord Forum
- Discounts with Active Sefton
- Discounts with Local Traders
- Access to the Council’s Landlord Portal
- FREE NLA Associate membership, providing you with (amongst other benefits) unlimited free downloads of tenancy agreements and a wide range of other essential documents.