Our Managing Agent Accreditation Scheme is a free voluntary scheme which offers Agents and Property Managers public recognition for being a good Agent that provides well managed private rented accommodation within Sefton.
Managing Agent Accreditation gives you the opportunity to stand out from the rest
Agents who meet the management code of standards will receive a certificate of accreditation which will last for 5 years.
How to join the scheme?
You can apply to join the scheme by completing and returning the application form
To complete your application, you will need to provide:
- a signed copy of the Management Code of Standards document
- a completed application form to join the scheme
- 3 x Property accreditation application forms (if you don’t have 3 properties accredited).
What happens next?
Once we receive the above documentation we will contact you directly to arrange property accreditation inspections as required and an appointment at your office, during this appointment we will carry out an assessment to ensure you have the following documents and meet the management code of standards:
Tenancy Agreement (example)
Tenancy Deposit Certificate (if applicable)
Certificate of 1 of the following memberships: ARLA / RICS / NALS / NLA / RLA
Landlord Full-Management Contract (example)
Certificate of approved Property Redress Scheme membership
3 X Property Accreditation application forms
Benefits of the Scheme
- Once you have been accreditation you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Discounted housing licensing fees
- Access to HHSRS advice
- Promise to write an informal letter regarding any non-serious hazards before formal notice served
- FREE advertising on Property Pool Plus
- FREE Marketing opportunity at Landlord Events
- FREE Logo Window Sticker
- Discounts on landlord training events that Sefton Council provide