In line with the Government’s requirements and guidance, Sefton Council has worked with its partners to develop a COVID-19 Outbreak Management Plan.
Local authorities have a significant role to play in the identification and management of COVID-19 outbreaks. This Plan contains the measures needed to identify and contain any coronavirus outbreaks and protect the health of people who live and work in Sefton, in a way that is safe, protects our health and care systems, and supports the recovery of our economy. The Plan also supports the nationwide Test and Trace process.
Key aims of the Plan include:
- using local knowledge, experience and expertise to prevent, manage and eliminate the virus over time as part of the national Test and Trace programme.
- setting out an approach to prevent Covid-19 outbreaks developing;
- protecting public health by identifying the source should there be a COVID-19 outbreak and implementing necessary measures to prevent any further spread;
- outlining clear roles and responsibilities, response pathways and procedures should an outbreak occurs in Sefton;
- making the most up to date and accurate information and advice available to local people.
- learning lessons and sharing best practice to prevent and control future COVID-outbreaks.
You can download our:
- full COVID-19 Outbreak Management Plan;
- Recovery Plan and roadmap
- an Easy Read Guide;
- Frequently Asked Questions;
- Testing visual
- Test and Trace guidance
- TOR OM Board
- Vulnerability and Provision of Support
- Stakeholder Board
- Symptomatic Worker Return to Work process
- Sefton Council Urgent Testing Quick Internal Guide (Staff)
- Outbreak Management Plan Equality Impact Assessment ( June 2021)
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve our Plan will be developed and refined in line with national policy and to reflect local circumstances.