From 1 August 2016 we have changed the recycling service. The day or week cycle of your recycling and waste collections might change. Residents should have received a letter explaining all the changes and a new collection calendar. You can also access your collection dates at any time on the website.
The brown bin/woven sack collection
- Plastic bottle and card collections will be combined with recycling
- All paper, plastic bottles, cardboard, glass bottles, jars, cans and tins will go in the brown bin or hessian sack
- This will replace the green box and blue bag collections which ended on 29 July 2016
- We will no longer collect any textiles or shoes, please use locally delivered charity recycling sacks, charity shop donations and textile banks.
The food waste collection
- This will change to a fortnightly service. We will be providing free food waste bags during August 2016.
These changes will make it easier to recycle more and are due to the end of the contract with Palm Recycling.