Information for people who rent

If you live in a privately rented property or you are a private landlord you can find out more information about how Universal Credit and claiming housing costs on the Universal Credit FAQs section

If you are claiming Universal Credit and you are in rented accommodation please remember that any housing costs will be paid to you, not to your landlord. You should contact your landlord immediately and make arrangements to pay your rent directly to your landlord.

Additional help may be awarded by the Local Authority where housing costs paid through Universal Credit do not meet your full housing costs. Discretionary Housing Payments are discretionary awards and further information can be found in the related links area of this page.

Contact details for local social housing landlords include:

One Vision Housing
Tel 0300 365 1111

Riverside Housing
Tel: 0345 111 0000

Your Housing Group
Tel: 0345 345 0272

Tel: 0344 736 0066

Sanctuary Housing
Tel: 0800 131 3348

The Prima Group
Tel: 0151 227 1001

The Jigsaw Group
Tel: 0300 11 1133

Onward Homes (previously LHT)
Tel: 0300 555 0600

Plus Dane Housing
Tel: 0800 169 2988

Crosby Housing Association
Tel: 0151 920 7300

Last Updated on Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Recite Me Button