To many members of the public the welfare benefit system can appear daunting and complex. As a result each year millions of pounds in benefits go unclaimed.
To ensure that people claim their full entitlement Sefton Council provide a Welfare Rights Team consisting of a number of trained advisers. The team are able to provide advice and guidance for people who live or work in Sefton across the entire range of Welfare Benefits.
If you require assistance please contact :
Telephone Advice Line 0151 934 3660
Mon - Fri 10.00am-12.30pm.
We also provide advice sessions, appointments can be made by ringing the telephone advice line. Home visits can also be arranged for those unable to attend an advice session.
An adviser is available to assist hospital in-patients. Contact can be made through a hospital social worker.
We can provide assistance with the following:
- Advice on claiming appropriate benefits.
- Help to complete benefit claim forms.
- Assistance to challenge Benefit decisions, including tribunal representation where appropriate.
- Advice regarding back to work benefits and better off calculations.
- Talks and training to organizations and community groups.