Find out about other websites that the library service subscribes to and that you can access free.
Remember - to access these resources online, use one of the links below and type in your Sefton Library ticket number (where needed). And if you are not already a member of Sefton Libraries it's really easy to join. Here are some of our favourites:
- Ancestry Library Edition is available for you free on Sefton's People's Network computers
- Find My Past allows researchers to discover their ancestors, complementing the Ancestry Library Edition, and allows further information to be discovered. To access all our Internet services completely free of charge, you simply have to be a member of our library service.
- British Newspaper Archive allows researchers to register and search a wide range of historic newspapers for information, for example about their ancestors, or events that their ancestors were involved in. Newspapers covered include the Liverpool Mercury, Liverpool Courier and Commercial Advertiser, Liverpool Evening Express, Liverpool Mail, Liverpool Echo, Liverpool Daily Post and Southport Independent and Ormskirk Chronicle, to name just a few.
- Which? online service from the famous consumer rights group with reviews and advice on a wide range of products. Please note that full access to this service is only available via computers in Sefton libraries, and login can only be provided by staff.
- The Sefton Directory provides comprehensive online information about a full range of opportunities and services across Sefton. This includes activities for children and young people as well as information about what’s available for adults within the local community.
- Do you wish to find reliable sources of information to support critical aspects of your life – such as your health and wellbeing, money, benefits or work? Librarians have brought together some of their preferred and trusted websites for these topics to help you find the information or services that you need. Fully searchable by postcode, the Information4living website links directly to local information in the Sefton region as well as to key national sources.
Access to Research
- The Access to Research service is a new two-year pilot initiative to give free access to a wide range of academic articles (1.5 million) and research in public libraries across the UK. Subjects include art, architecture, business, engineering, history, languages, politics, philosophy, mathematics and the sciences. (NB: Users can only use the publications accessed through Access to Research for their own personal, e.g. non-commercial research and private study).
- If you have a favourite or specialist subject, and would like to give talks on it to eg community groups etc, please feel free to enrol on Sefton Libraries’ list of speakers, providing your contact details. (This list will be freely available to the public)