The aim of reablement is to help people to remain living at home and achieve maximum independence, prevent hospital admissions or re-admissions and when appropropriate to reduce long-term care needed.
It is an intensive short term programme.
Reablement encourages people who have lost their skills for daily living, to build up their confidence to be as independent as possible within their own homes.
This service is provided by New Directions.
The contact number is : 0151 934 4582
Reablement is a service provided to support and encourage people who have lost their skills for daily living, to build up their confidence to be as independent as possible within their own homes and in the community. The reablement team will work closely with you, together identifying your individual needs and look at what you are able to do.
The aim is that by the end of the support from the reablement team you will have achieved, or be well on the way to achieving, as much independence as possible.
Reviews will be held on a weekly basis to assess your progress, agree new goals and review the level of support you require from the service.
It is an intensive short term programme for which there is no charge applied. However, if further care services are required, charges may apply and a financial assessment will be carried out.
The service will work with you to help you to do things for yourself rather than do things for you. In addition you must be:
- 18 years of age or over
- Living within the geographical area of Sefton
- Medically fit for hospital discharge
- Willing and able to participate in a programme of reablement
All referrals to the reablement service will, initially, be made through the adult social care process, which will
determine whether you meet the selection criteria.
The service will support you in your own home and the local community to:
- Support you to re-gain skills and confidence to help you manage at home as independently as possible.
- Help avoid unnecessary admission to hospital or long term care packages
- Provide you with information in relation to other services that can support you to live more independently at home