Sefton Council piloted the Prepaid Card system for 12 months from 1 st October 2015.
From 1 st October 2016, it has been agreed that all new and existing Direct Payment users will be offered the Prepaid Card as the default method of managing their Direct Payment.
A Prepaid Card account is just like a current account from your bank with a debit card. Sefton pays your Personal Budget onto the card so that you can use it to pay for services agreed in your Care Support Plan.
Due to changes in the regulation of Payment Services Providers, namely the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2), we will be updating our Terms and Conditions. The Regulations are based on an EU Directive designed to increase benefits for customers across Europe by enhancing the transparency and standardisation of service terms and conditions.
Please Note: The changes will come into effect on 13th of January 2018, customers who are not happy with the changes will have the right to terminate the agreement free of charge. Any use of your card after this time will assume acceptance of the changes to the Terms and Conditions.
- Sefton Council will pay your Direct Payments money onto the card every 4 weeks in advance.
- You can pay for your assessed care needs by bank transfer or telephone directly into a Personal Assistant’s or Care Agency’s bank account.
- You can check your account balances online or by telephone at anytime.
- You can pay your client contribution directly into the account by standing order.
- You cannot go overdrawn or get into debt by using the prepaid card account.
- You will no longer be required to make payments by cheque.
- There is no charge for using the Prepaid Card, although lost and stolen cards will be charged £3.50 for a replacement.
- You no longer need to send bank statements to the Direct Payments Team on a quarterly basis, everything will be easily accessible online.
- It is a secure and easy way to make payments for your care.
- Same day bank transfers.
- You have immediate access to funds and balance.
- You can nominate a trusted person to help manage the account with you.
- You can use a smart phone, tablet or computer to access your account online.
- You will receive support from the Direct Payments Team to help you to transfer to a Prepaid Card account.
- Step by step guide – This will be sent to you once your card has been created or alternatively you are able to view a copy of this online. The information in this guide should enable you to manage your prepaid card account.
- Support to transfer funds – if you are an existing recipient and you are transferring to a prepaid card, you will receive instructions on how to transfer you’re your balance from your existing Direct Payments Account.
- Training Sessions – we will notify you by post of training sessions available in your area
- Online Support – If you are struggling to make a payment or need some support, then you can call a member of the Direct Payments Team who will be able to talk you through the process whilst logged onto your account.
- PFS Contact Centre – there is a dedicated telephone number to contact PFS Customer Support Team for Sefton cardholders.