Sefton Council has joined with neighbouring Council’s to provide a Gateway system to assess, manage and allocate homelessness and housing related support services in the borough.
Sefton is laucnhing this system from 1 December 2014 joining Liverpool, Knowsley, Halton and St. Helens, with Wirral following early next year.
The services listed below are linked to Sefton Mainstay Gateway. You should NOT contact these services directly but refer to the instructions below regarding how to arrange an assessment.
- SSHG, New Start (Accommodation)
- BOSCO Society (Accommodation)
- North West Property Custodians (Accommodation)
- Excel Housing (Accommodation)
- DISC (Accommodation and Floating Support)
- Venus Support (Floating Support)
- 408-MYA (Floating Support)
- Light for Life (Floating Support)
- CHART (Tenancy Support)
Anyone can have an assessment for services within Sefton but priority for these services will be directed at Sefton residents or those with a strong local connection to Sefton so you may wish to consider whether you want to be assessed for Sefton services or not. The services within Mainstay Gateway for Sefton are accessible via an Assessment.
To access any services linked to the Mainstay Gateway you must complete an assessment form in person at a designated Assessment Point. The Assessment Points are provided by local partner agencies within Sefton.
If you are an agency worker whose client who needs an Assessment then you should
- Advise your client to attend in person at an Assessment Point (you are welcome to attend as well to offer support), or
- Complete an electronic referral form
However if you complete and electronic referral your client will still need to complete the Consent Form; if the Consent Form isn’t provided with the referral this will lead to a delay in your client accessing the services.
If you need further advice regarding Mainstay Gateway please contact the Housing Options Team on 0151 934 3541 or email email@example.com