Do your medical conditions hold you back from exercise? Have you been off work sick, short or long term?
Why not refer yourself to your GP or Occupational Health Unit to join our friendly, supportive team who will work with you to help you achieve a healthy and active lifestyle?
Why should I join?
The Active Workforce team will work with you to help you achieve a healthy lifestyle. You can even choose from a range of eight leisure centres across the borough to help you access the programme at a location and time most convenient for you. Participating venues
- Bootle Leisure Centre
- Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre
- Litherland Sports Park
- Netherton Activity Centre
- Dunes Splash World
- Crosby Leisure Centre
- Formby Pool
Can I join the programme?
If your employer is already part of the Active Workforce programme you can access the programme straight away. If you would like to access the programme and you are not currently a member, contact us and we can arrange for an appointment with the team to discuss your options.
How much is it?
- Free initial, week 7 and week 14 appointments with your development officer
- Small induction fee at your preferred centre
- Reduced casual rates for gym, swim & classes
- Heavily reduced membership.
How do I access the programme?
- Contact us direct on 0151 934 2079
- Ask your GP or OH Officer to complete the Self Referral form
- Attend an appointment with one of our lifestyle referral officers.
- Complete your fitness induction at your preferred centre.
- Enjoy your 14 week tailored exercise programme with support from the Active Workforce team and your buddy.
- Achieve a healthy lifestyle.
What are the benefits of a healthy lifestyle?
Reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes
Helps prevent and reduce high blood pressure
Helps control diabetes
Improve sleep patterns
Helps with weight loss and body shape
Increase muscle strength and endurance
Reduce levels of anxiety, stress and depression
Improves self confidence and self esteem
Helps you make new friends