Sefton Maps has been created to provide members of the public with access to Sefton Council's mapped information. Sefton Council make every effort to ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date although we cannot guarantee that this is the case. The Council will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any inaccuracy, error or omission in mapped information. All information is shown for reference purposes only.
The Ordnance Survey mapping in Sefton Maps is provided by Sefton Council under licence from Ordnance Survey (Sefton Council, Licence Number 100018192). Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings.
Sefton Council hold the copyright (Copyright Sefton Council 2012) to all original data shown on Sefton Maps unless otherwise stated. Unauthorised use of this data may lead to legal proceedings being taken.
Property boundaries shown on Sefton Maps do not relate to land ownership, and should not be relied upon for the purpose of indicating land ownership. Queries about land ownership should be directed to the Land Registry.
Persons viewing this mapping should contact the Ordnance Survey for advice where they wish to licence Ordnance Survey map data for their own use.
Terms and conditions of use
The mapping and data used in Sefton Maps is copyright material, so before using the maps, please read and agree to the conditions of use set out below.
By using Sefton Maps you are entering into a licence agreement to access Ordnance Survey and Sefton Council datasets.
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on Sefton Maps, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created and maintained by Ordnance Survey and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by Sefton Council. Your continued use of Sefton Maps indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using Sefton Maps now.
The terms and conditions of the licence agreement are as follows:
- Information displayed throughout Sefton Maps is extracted from a copyright work owned by Ordnance Survey and Sefton Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of Sefton Maps is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from Sefton Maps and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or competing activity including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from Sefton Maps, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this website.
- You must not use information from Sefton Maps for any illegal, deceptive, misleading or unethical purpose or otherwise in any manner which may be detrimental to the reputation of the data or any person.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of Sefton Maps is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from Sefton Maps is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from Sefton Maps in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on Sefton Maps.
- Royal Mail data (address data including postcodes). You must not use any of the address data provided on Sefton Maps to create your own products or services. You must not copy, reproduce, extract, publish or re-utilise the whole or any part of the address data on Sefton maps.
Please note that Sefton Council is not responsible for the content of any external sites which are accessed via links from Sefton Maps, and will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience resulting in the use of these sites.
Sefton Maps has been designed to be used with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and Firefox 3.5, Opera 11.0 and later versions. It has not been tested with any other web browsers.
Sefton Council do not accept responsibility for any viruses, worms, Trojans or other malicious programs and it is your responsibility to install software to protect your computer from these.