A £5 million restoration project to restore King's Gardens to its former glory started in January 2013. This will
- improve all user accessibility in and around the gardens.
- improve security and safety within the gardens.
- maintain positive and historic features of the gardens.
View the master plan showing all of the improvements that will be completed as part of the restoration project, as well as information contained within the funding bid.
The park is on the register of parks and gardens (Grade II) in recognition of its special historic interest.
How you can get involved
There are a number of ways that you could help in the development of the project, please contact the Kings Gardens Officer for more information:
- Join the Friends of King's Gardens in Southport
- Volunteer to assist with gardening, organising arts and crafts sessions, running guided walks, working in the visitor information centre
- Sponsor a celebration bench.