Concerned about a child or young person
If you have concerns about a child or young person you can
contact the Customer Access Team, who will be able to offer advice
and an opportunity to discuss a situation which may or may not
result in a referral being made.
Referring to Children's Services Social Care
- Ring the Customer Access Team on telephone 0845 140
0845, minicom 0151 934 4657. The Sefton Council
contact centre is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Complete the on-line referral e-form
- For emergency situations the Health & Social Care Emergency
Duty Team provides a service outside of normal working hours, that
is, during the night-time and at weekends 0151 920
Clarity about referrals
Children's Services are responsible for the decision about what
action to take following a referral. It is important that you
provide clear information so that appropriate decisions can be
made. When referring a child, young person or family to Children's
Services you should consider the following:
- Whether there are concerns and if so the nature of the
- How and why you have concerns; what is the foundation?
- Whether urgent action is needed to make the child safe from
- What appears to be the needs of the child and family?
- The known history of the family
- The discussion with the family and the agreement for the
For more information about the safety of children and
young people see the Safeguarding children page and the
Sefton Local Safeguarding Children
Last Updated on 6/15/2012