The Green Bee
service collects the following recyclable materials from
- Paper - newspapers, magazines, telephone directories, yellow
pages, junk mail, and catalogues. No envelopes or
- Glass - Bottles and jars of all colours. Labels can be left on
but please remove all food waste, corks or lids, and rinse. No
broken glass, windowpanes, tableware, light bulbs, or
Pyrex. These are different types of glass that cannot be
- Cans and Tins – please remove all food waste, corks or lids,
and rinse. No jagged edges
- Aluminium Foil– stored in a carrier bag separate from the rest
of your recyclable materials.
- Clothes – dry, clean clothing and bedding in a carrier bag. Any
- Shoes - Paired and tied together
Please put all the materials in your
- Paper should be in stored in the
- Textiles and aluminium foil in separate carrier bags
You can also donate your textiles and clothes to local charity
shops for reuse and recycling. Further details are available on the
Recycle for Merseyside website (ext).
To order replacement recycling boxes/bags
please complete the
recycling request form.
Leave your box at the edge of your property ensuring it is
clearly visible by 8 a.m. on the same day each week as your
rubbish/grey bin/green bin collection.
If you are disabled and unable to
carry your box to the edge of your property please contact us to
register for an assisted collection.
Items that pose a danger to the
health and safety of our collection crews will not be collected
e.g. broken glass. Our collection crew will leave a card to explain
why the materials were not collected.
If plastics, cardboard, organic
materials etc are in your green box, they will not be
Last Updated on 2/1/2013