School - catering
Providing School Meals to the Children of Sefton
We provide up to 10,000 meals per day, close to 2 million per
year in high schools, primary and infant and special schools
throughout the Borough of Sefton, including services to an
increasing number of breakfast clubs.
The School Lunch consists of:
- A fully inclusive two course meal and drink for a set price
- Excellent value for money
- Balanced meals that are healthy and nutritious
- A wide choice and variety
- Friendly environment
- A social break in the busy school day
About our menu
Menus are planned to meet new Government food based
Great recipes tried and tested by the children.
No products contain any mechanically recovered meat.
Caters for vegetarians and special diets.
Fresh vegetables, salad and fruit available on the menu
We also hold regular lunchtime theme days.
Our healthy eating pledge
Healthy Eating is a key priority within our service. We work
very closely with a range of health partners to ensure our service
develops in conjunction with the health specialists and in line
with government objectives.
We use quality, branded products in order to provide a healthy
- Fresh quality meat, fish, vegetables and fruit
- Only vegetable oils & polyunsaturated spreads
- Products which have reduced salt, sugar & fat content
- Only semi skimmed milk for baking
- Brown & wholemeal breads
- Increased home made dishes
- Oven baking and steaming used as the preferred cooking
Our catering staffs are:
Fully trained and committed to providing a caring and nurturing
Will seek the opinion of the children.
Will help children to make informed choices.
See for yourself:
Why not try a school lunch? If you would like to join your child
for lunch one day or just see the lunch time experience we would be
pleased to see you. You must however seek the permission of the
school before this can happen. If you would like your child to stay
for a school lunch or details of free school
meals please also speak to your school.
Last Updated on 9/14/2010